You can make use of this policy if you are a business owner.
To understand eligibility better, please read the
Our Money Insurance policy will protect you against the following risks:
- Loss during transit if the money is carried by you or your authorized employee, because of robbery or any other unexpected event
- Loss of money from a safe and/or strong room in your premises caused by robbery or any other unexpected event
- Loss of money from your cash counter/till in your premises caused by robbery or any other unexpected event
"Money" refers to Cash, current coins, Bank and Currency Notes, Cheques, Postal Order, Current postage stamps which are not part of a collection and luncheon Voucher.
"Business Hours" or "Office Hours" in the Money Insurance policy refer to the Insured’s normal trading hours or whilst the Insured or their authorized employees are on the premises for the purpose of the business.
"Housebreaking" refers to the unforeseen and unauthorized entry to or exit from the Insured Premises by aggressive and detectable means with the intent to steal Money.
"Theft" refers to the dishonest misappropriation of Money with the intention of permanently depriving the Insured of that Money.
Theft is "Robbery" if, in order to the committing of the theft, or in committing the theft, or in carving away or attempting to carry away property obtained by the theft, the offender, for that end, voluntarily cause or attempts to cause to any person death or hurt or wrongful restraint, or fear of instant death or of instant hurt, or of instant wrongful restraint.
This is not an exhaustive list. For a detailed list of inclusions & other details, please read the
This Money Insurance Policy has ‘named excluded perils’ which means there are specific risks that will not be covered. These risks are:
- Shortages due to errors or omissions
- Loss or damage caused by war and rebellion
- Loss due to regular wear and tear
- Civil commotion
- Seizure, arrest or detainment by the Government
- Any consequential losses of any kind; be they by way of loss of profit, business interruption, market loss or otherwise and any other legal liability of any kind.
- Loss of Money carried by anyone other than the Insured or an Authorized Employee of the Insured.
- Loss of Money where the Insured or his Authorized Employee is or is alleged to be involved as a principal or accessory or is alleged to be in anyway concerned or implicated.
- Money carried under contract of affreightment.
- Loss or damage due to ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactive substance from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear assembly or nuclear waste or from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
This is not an exhaustive list. For a detailed list of exclusions & other details, please read the