Anyone (or a firm, association, company) who owns, controls or handles hazardous substances as provided in the Public Liability Insurance Act 1991 and the Rules framed thereunder. can/ should purchase a Public Liability (Act) Insurance.
To understand eligibility better, please read the
The policy covers the statutory liability of the Insured arising out of accidents occurring during the currency of the policy due to the handling of hazardous substances as provided in the Public Liability Insurance Act 1991 and the rules framed thereunder.
This is not an exhaustive list. For a detailed list of inclusions & other details, please read the
- Arising out of wilful or intentional non-compliance of any statutory provisions.
- In respect of fines, penalties, punitive and/or exemplary damages.
- Arising under any other legislation except in so for as provided for in Section 8 sub sections (1) and (2) of the Act.
- In respect of damage to property owned, leased or hired or under hire purchase or on loan to the Insured or otherwise in the Insured Owner's control, care or custody.
- Directly or indirectly, occasioned by, happening through or in consequence of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power.
- Directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by
- Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
- The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
- Directly or indirectly caused by or arising from or in consequence of or attributable to any act of terrorism.
This is not an exhaustive list. For a detailed list of exclusions & other details, please read the