You can make use of this policy if you own industrial or factory property.
To understand eligibility better, please read the
Our Public Liability Insurance (Industrial Risk) Policy will cover your legal liability for damages to a third party such as accidental death, bodily injury or damage to property. The Indemnity applies to claims arising out of Accidents occurring in the Insured Premises during the Period of Insurance. It will also protect you against the legal costs and expenses you incur with prior consent.
The indemnity paid out under this Public Liability Insurance (Industrial Risk) Policy will cover:
- Your officials in their business capacity while performing their business or in their private capacity while temporarily engaged as your employees
- The officers, committees and members of the your canteen, social, sports, medical, fire-fighting and welfare organizations as well as the personal representative of the estate of any person who would otherwise be compensated by the policy but only in respect of liability incurred by such person.
Each person or party indemnified is separately indemnified in respect of claims made against any of them by any other person or party (other than the named Insured).
The Public Liability Insurance (Industrial Risk) Policy will also cover you for all costs, fees and expenses incurred with their prior consent in the investigation, defense or settlement of any claim made against the Insured and the costs of representation at any inquest, inquiry or other proceedings in respect of matters which have a direct relevance to any claim made or which might be made against the Insured, provided such claim or claims are the subject of indemnity by the Policy. Such costs, fees and expenses are called ‘Defense Costs’.
If you pay an additional premium, this Public Liability Insurance (Industrial Risk) Policy can be extended to cover the cases listed here:
Sudden and Accidental Pollution: This refers to industrial seepage, pollution and contamination caused by a sudden, unintended and unexpected happening which takes place in its entirety at a specific time and a specific place.
Liability arising out of transportation: This refers to accidents directly caused by materials/dangerous or hazardous substances being transported by rail/road/pipeline.
Effluent discharge (outside the premises): This refers to accidents directly caused by treated effluents being carried by pipelines outside your insured premises insured to discharge points. The coverage will not include pollution risk unless specifically covered.
Technical collaborators inclusion: This covers the legal liability of technical collaborators with respect to the collaboration agreement between you and the collaborators.
Act of God: This covers against the harmful effects of Act of God perils which are disasters beyond human control like floods or tornadoes.
This is not an exhaustive list. For a detailed list of inclusions & other details, please read the
This Public Liability Insurance (Industrial Risk) policy will not cover you in the following cases:
- Liability assumed by you, the insured, through any agreement and which would not have attached without such an agreement
- Liability arising out of earthquake, earth-tremor, volcanic eruption, flood, storm, tempest, typhoon, hurricane, tornado, cyclone or other similar convulsions of nature and atmospheric disturbance.
- Deliberate, willful or intentional non-compliance of any statutory provision or disregard of your technical or administrative management
- Loss of a pure financial nature such as loss of goodwill, loss of market, etc.
- Liability arising out of all personal injuries such as libel, slander, false arrest, wrongful eviction, etc. and mental injury, anguish, or shock resulting there from
- Infringement of plans, copyright, patent, trade name, trademark, registered design
- Liabilities arising out of fines, penalties, punitive or exemplary damages or any other damages resulting from the multiplication of compensatory damages.
- Ownership, possession or use by or on behalf of you, of any aircraft, watercraft or hovercraft
- Injury to any person under a contract of employment or apprenticeship with you when such injury is caused by the execution of such contract Injury or damage occurring prior to the Retroactive Date
- Liability directly or indirectly caused by War and allied perils and any act of terrorism
- Liabilities arising directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by ionizing radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel or by the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof;
- Liabilities arising by the transportation of materials and / or hazardous / dangerous substances outside Insured’s premises unless specifically covered.
This is not an exhaustive list. For a detailed list of exclusions & other details, please read the