You can make use of this policy if you are an employer, principal or contractor, engaging ‘employees’ as defined in the Employees’ Compensation Act or sharing an employer-employee relationship.
To understand eligibility better, please read the
Our Employees’ Compensation policy will insure you against any liability for accidents (including fatal) that happen to your employees at work. This policy does cover all manner of bodily injury and even death.
On paying an additional premium, you can extend the policy to cover the following risks:
- Medical expenses including related hospital, surgical and transportation expenses arising out of an accident in the course of employment and for which the indemnity is granted under the policy.
- Your liability towards employees of contractors
This is not an exhaustive list. For a detailed list of inclusions & other details, please read the
This policy excludes specific risks that will not be covered. Few of them are as below:
- War, terrorism and nuclear events
- Liability to employees of contractors of the insured (unless specifically declared)
- Liability of the insured assumed under an agreement
- Any incapacity or death of an employee resulting from his/her deliberate self-injury or deliberate aggravation of an accidental injury
- Any accident occurring while the employee is under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs
- Interest and/or penalty imposed on the Insured under any law or otherwise
This is not an exhaustive list. For a detailed list of exclusions & other details, please read the policy wordings.